GN Solids America LLC
Tel:+1 (713) 320-3868
Add:6710 Windfern Road, Houston, TX 77040,USA
The mud dewatering unit is an excellent solution that could provide the separation processing for the ultra fine solids particles, always less than 5 microns, in the water base drilling mud.
Why Need a Mud Dewatering Unit
As it is known during a normal drilling mud solids control processing, the primary equipment like shale shaker, de-sander, de-silter, even the decanter centrifuge can only remove the solids larger than 5 microns. For the solids less than 5 microns, it is difficult to separate out by using the regular mechanical method. After several times for using and recycling the drilling mud, the ultra fine solids will build up to a large content in the drilling mud, which will disrupt the mud property. In order to maintain the mud property at a proper level, the operator need add water into the mud for dilution that will cost large quantity of water. Here is the point, the mud dewatering unit is used to remove the ultra fine solids from the drilling mud to prevent the built up. Thus, great would be saved.
GN Containerized Mud Dewatering Unit
GN’s mud dewatering unit is designed to be fabricated inside a container. According to the equipment quantity involved in the system, the 20 ft or 40 ft container would be optionally chosen. After treated by GN’s dewatering unit, the drilling mud could be treated clean water for discharge or reuse.
Dewatering Centrifuge Installed in the System
GN Drilling Mud Dewatering Unit Processing Diagram
1) A 3-Tank Automatic Flocculants Mixing Unit prepares the polymer or other chemical fluids.
2) A Slurry pump takes the original mud feed to the decanter centrifuge.
3) A chemical pump takes the mixed chemical fluids and then feeds to the centrifuge.
4) The chemical and mud mixing inside the feeding tube of the decanter centrifuge.
5) The Decanter centrifuge works to remove the flocculent shaped solids from the mud.
GN Mud Dewatering Unit Working Video